top of page

Child Protection Plan

It helps you capitalize on your legal right to name temporary delegates and informing first responders who should care for your kids in the event of a tragedy.


Parens Patriae (latin for "Parent of the Nation") is the doctrinal power under which the state will take custody of children, and ensure that they are protected and cared for if we, as parents, are unable to do so.


. . . This means that, immediately after you, "the State" has authority over your kids . . .


      . . . NOT your children's aunts, uncles, grandparents, godparents, neighbors, or babysitters.


If something happens to you, "the State" appearing as (a) the local sherriff or police or (b) Oregon Child Protective Services, will check on the safety of your children and to determine who has legal authority over them. And if no one has legal authority, have your kids removed from your home until they can figure out what to do. And, that’s just the short-term. For their long-term care, your children would be at the mercy of an overcrowded state court system that could never determine what is in the best interest of your child as well as you can.


However, as parents, we have a fundamental right to the care, custody, and control of our children. This means that you have the Constitutional right and the responsibility to create Child Protection Plan™ for your kids.


What if I don't have a Child Protection Plan™?


If you don't have a Child Protection Plan™ in place and you are in an accident, the police would have no choice but to call Child Protective Services in to determine the care of your children. Your children could be taken out of your home, temporarily, until the authorities can figure out what to do.


And then, a Court would make the decision about who should raise your kids. It also is very likely that a Court would not designate the same person or people you would choose.


To me, as a dad and a lawyer, the possibility of this happening is unacceptable.


The Child Protection Plan™ was created so my child would always remain in the loving care of people my wife and I know and trust and never be raised by anyone we didn't want.


And now, you can put in place this same plan for your kids.

Our Child Protection Plan helps you legally authorize temporary guardians who could respond to your children in an emergency– these are people nearby who you trust, that know your children, and who your children love.

The Child Protection Plan makes sure that your babysitter, family, and first responders know what to do in case of an emergency so that your children do not have to be taken into protective custody or end up in temporary foster care.

The Child Protection Plan ensures that you name long term guardians for your children so that they’re raised by the people you choose, rather than leaving it up to the Court to decide for you.

Our Child Protection Plan supports the decisions you make with carefully drafted legal documents, instructions, and alerts to the people who you’ve selected to care for your children at all times.

What Does the Child Protection Plan™Include?

We will document these choices and communicate your plan to have others raise your kids through these documents:


  • Legal documents to name short-term guardians who can be there immediately for your children, so they’ll never be taken into the arms of strangers.

  • Letters to your short-term guardians, so the people you’ve named will know just what to do if called upon.

  • Instructions to everyone who takes care of your kids as to exactly what to do if you are in an accident … so there’s never any question about who to call.

  • Legal documents to name long-term guardians who will raise your children just as you would, so there is no family feuding over your children.

  • Letters to your long-term guardians letting them know what to do if called upon.

  • Instructions and guidelines for your long-term guardians on how you want your kids to be raised…make sure your kids are raised with your values, insights, stories and experience.

  • Medical powers of attorney for your minor children so the next time they travel without you or you travel without them, you know they’ll get the medical care they need.

  • A custom, personalized I.D. card for your wallet stating that you have minor children at home and who should be contacted if you are in an accident …this card alone is worth your whole investment!

We encourage you to call our office at (541) 632-4313 to ensure you have a Child Protection Plan™ in place. We are the only firm that offers these documents in the area. You can also reach out to us here and we can send you information to get organized prior to us meeting.

bottom of page